Volunteer Solutions provides meaningful volunteer opportunities to improve the lives of older adults and adults with disabilities in Fairfax County. We update our Urgent Needs list regularly. If you don’t see what you are looking for, consider another opportunity or give us a call.
Volunteer at Hollin Hall Senior Center
- Ballroom Dance instructor –on the basics of ballroom, Thursdays, 1-2 hours at 1 or 2pm, 1x/week. Must provide own music.
- Woodworking Instructor– To teach basic woodworking 4 hours/month
- Garden Helper – To plant, water and weed vegetable and perennial garden beds located, at the Hollin Hall Community Garden, 3-5 hrs/wk. Experienced gardener must be able to identify weeds.
- Repair Café volunteers (10-20 needed)- One time event in Spring 2017 for various handy people to help repair broken household items in order to build a more sustainable community. Menders, de-tanglers, small appliance repairs, bike repairers, electricians (lamps), watch repair, and more. For more information click HERE.
- Basic Art Instructor to teach painting using acrylics and other mediums. Schedule TBD by the volunteer and center director, at least 2x/mo.
- Piano instructor (beginning level) – 1-2 lessons/month for 30 mins – 1 hour each. For one participant. Weekdays, between 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
High School Volunteers: Hollin Hall Senior Center welcomes high school volunteers. Contact the office and let us know what days, times you are available and your interests. We want to make your volunteer time with us mutually successful.
Ask a Question about these opportunities.
Search for other Fairfax County Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteer Now!
Call 703-324-5406, TTY 711 or Register Now!
See Volunteer Solutions video on YouTube!